Accidental Damage Protection
Whether renting a hotel, condo or villa, rental guests are ultimately responsible for damage caused to the property/contents by themselves or their invited guests. Accidental Damage Protection coverage offers our guests some peace of mind with respect to accidental breakage of household items.
While your credit card is held on file for intentional/negligent damage or loss, our villa owners realize that accidents happen and things break and wear out. We also want to encourage our guests to report any damage during their stay so that the manager may repair/replace for the next guest.
It is the obligation of the guest to report any damage to the local manager right away to be covered by the policy. After departure may be too late for us to replace the items or have them repaired for the next arriving guest.
In lieu of holding a larger security/damage deposit, our owners have opted to offer an Accidental Damage Protection Plan that covers the guest for a minimum of $1,000 of accidental, non-negligent damage to the house and contents. The cost of this protection is covered within the 10% Silver Thatch service charge for each property.
Accidental Damage Protection Coverage is for accidental damage to breakables such as coffee carafes, blenders, small appliances, window/door screens, draperies, tabletop glass, lamps, furniture, cook-tops, etc. It does not cover owner consumables like pots and pans, glassware, sheets, linens, pillows, towels, toiletries, etc.
Most owners also hold a refundable cleaning/maintenance deposit to cover excess cleaning, soiled upholstery, and removal of sand from the house or returning heavy furniture that has been moved by guests.
It also does not cover accidental damage that results from weddings or special events held during a guest’s stay. Supplemental wedding/event deposits are used for that purpose.
*ADP does not cover damage/loss to kayaks, bicycles, hammocks, games or other outdoor chattels/furniture an owner may include with the rental. Damage to those items could have occurred from persons not renting the house, due to being out of sight/supervision of the guest (if outdoors).